Thursday 8 June 2017

Never Ending Mixtape Part 9


18 songs are added to the Never Ending Mixtape this month. It all started back in October 2016 when I finally signed up to Spotify after years of saying I never would.

I still buy physical copies of records and cd's, but have to say that I am loving Spotify and the way I can discover music - new and old. And I've always loved making mixtapes, compilations CD's, playlists.....and now I have the never ending playlist with new tunes added monthly.

It's all oldies and goldies this month; indie, pop, motown, electro.....loads to check........ the link to the Spotify playlist is below and the latest tracks are listed below that.


Star - Primal Scream
Blissful from Primal Scream

How Does It Feel To Belong? - Primal Scream
Dreamy psychedelia - stunning b-side that a friend reminded me about.

Juxtaposed With You - Super Furry Animals
One of my favourites from the Welsh wizards of melody and psychedelia

Dry The Rain - The Beta Band
A gem, a true gem. I caught them at their last ever show at the Liquid Room and the crowd just kept singing the refrain after they had finished.

Silent Sigh - Badly Drawn Boy
This guy could pluck a gorgeous melody from a rubber band - beautiful

I Love You - The Bees
I love the feeling and production on this song.

Baby I Need Your Loving - The Four Tops
What a tune! Pleading, emotional and uplifting - soul.

I Second That Emotion - Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
Listen to Smokey's voice - incredible

Jimmy Mack - Martha Reeves and the Vandellas
A current fave with the kids in my house, so simple and so clever.

(I'm A) Road Runner - JR Walker and the All Stars
Got to keep on keeping' on!

Just A Little Misunderstanding - The Contours
A fave - love the feel and flow of this.

Stop Her On Sight (S.O.S) - Edwin Starr
Just full of hooks, this will have you singing on first listen

Belfast - Orbital
This once soundtracked the end of many a night out - blissful bubbling and soothing synths.

Pacific State - 808 State

You Wish - Nightmares On Wax
What a groove!

Same As It Ever Was - The Herbaliser
Another brilliant groove

Music Takes Me Up - Mr Scruff and Alice Russell
Mr Scruff is one of the best DJ's I have ever seen, I love his eclectic style and taste and monster sets.

Salvation - Rae and Christian
Was lucky enough to catch a rare show by this Manchester band at King Tuts many years ago. How beautiful this?!

No comments: