Friday 24 August 2012

With Me Tonight - Keel Her

So the other night Lynn was watching something she has sky plussed that I wasn't very interested in. Four bottles of San Miguel had been chilling nicely in the fridge, I opened one whilst making dinner and stuck some music on and then proceeded to listen to music and drink beer for the rest of the night.

I was mucking about on various websites and decidede to listen to Tim Burgess' new song 'White' on his Soundcloud page. Below that was a song marked A1 With Me Tonight EQM 16bit

It wasn't clear if this was a song by Tim or not, it had me hooked immediately and I soon discovered it was an artist called Keel Her who had released the song on 7-inch via Tim's own label, O-Genesis Recordings.

 
The song is just gorgeous, pure and simple. A shuffling back beat has some lovely melodic guitar sprinkled over the top before the beautiful voice of Rose Keeler-Schäffeler comes in.

Why, why, why, why won't you talk to me?
Why, why, why why won't you speak to me
Why, why, why, why won't you sleep with me tonight?

And now I really miss you
And now I wanna kiss you
I wanna kiss you tonight

I fell in love with this song immediately. The playing, singing, lyrics, the simplicity and the great feeling from the production. It all flows so well together.



Keel Her appears to be pretty prolific if her bandcamp page is anything to go by. I'll be ordering the 7-inch after payday next week and I look forward to delving into her back catalogue. Hopefully she will come up to Glasgow in the future.


No comments: