Friday 6 January 2012

Five for Friday 06/01/12

My first Five for Friday in 2012, I'd better make it good.


We kick start with a song by The Associates. This is actually a bside that I was turned on to by some guys with exceptional taste. I intend to check out much more by The Associates this year.


We stick with the letter 'A' for the next band, the magnificent Admiral Fallow. Their debut album was rereleased in 2012 and it has earned plaudits across the world, deservingly so. I look forward to seeing them at the ABC later in January.


Someone else playing Glasgow in January is Aaron Neville. This is a tune and a half, sublime.


Martha Reeves and the Vandellas return to The Arches. I caught them there a couple of years ago and it was a genuine pleasure to see Martha roll back the years and belt out tunes such as 'Heatwave'. A total classic.


We end with the tune that this blog is named after, 'Everything Flows' by Teenage Fanclub who are entering the studio in January to record a new album - good news to kick off 2012.


This is from the Teenage Fanclub Have Lost It EP.





No comments: