Friday 18 November 2011

Five for Friday 18/11/11

The weekend is on the near horizon, I am in a good mood.

Here are five songs that will hopefully get you in a good mood too.

We start with the genius of Badly Drawn Boy and 'Silent Sigh'. This guy could pluck a beautiful melody from a rubber band.


We then move on to a remix of the Macca track 'Coming Up by Linus Loves, who co-founded the Glasgow label Breastfed with Mylo to release 'Destroy Rock'n'Roll'.



Talking of Mylo, that was a brilliant album. I hope he gets around to making a follow up, I have heard he has problems with his hearing. That album was everywhere when it came out, pubs, clubs, parties... the graffiti campaign around Glasgow.


We pick up the pace with the sensational remix of the Gossip's classic 'Standing In The Way Of Control' by Soulwax, taking Beth's powerful and passionate vocal and spewing it out on to something that improves on the original.


A definite TUNE with a capital T.

We end with another TUNE, one that I may well have made a T sign with my hands to back in my clubbing days. I remember it being dropped on the terrace at Space in Ibiza when I was out there in 2001. The place just went nuts.

This is Groove Armada with 'Superstylin' from their stupendous album from 2001 'Goodbye Country (Hello Nightclub)'.

Enjoy.

 

No comments: